Thursday, December 13, 2018

PCC meets TGIF

WELL, we’ve established that I love working off of sketches. Y’all know that. This week I used The Paper Craft Crews sketch and TGIFs color challenge in a mash up for my card! 


Here’s the cute sketch:

And here’s the cute color combo:


And here’s what I did with it:

I love how warm, yet magical it is. There’s a lot going on here. I pulled in the Balmy Blue as the card base, the scalloped circle and with the deer, stamped and die cut. I used watercolor paper to make a wash with Soft Sea Foam blending in to Mint Macaron. I did this again on a separate sheet of watercolor paper and die cut it with a stitched circle. I then ran that whole piece through the Big Shot with that swirly whirly folder. You know the one I’m talking about! Lol As I went to lay the deer on, I was inspired to flip the sketch (as if I turned it counter-clockwise once), and I like that a lot. The silver glimmer paper adds a nice chunk of sparkle and I layered the polka dot tulle Ribon under that piece. I just love that ribbon! I liked it at that point, but it really needed a sentiment. It felt naked! So I looked at the sentiments in the deer set and pulled out quite a lengthy one, stamped it in MM onto SS and then just clipped out the party that says, "With warm thoughts." After that I added a few of the enamel drops and I was finished! I really haven’t used those droplets enough!


The newest Paper Craft Crew challenge is up today and the sketch for Freahly Made Sketches is posted too, so I’ll be back with more creative inspiration drawn off those! MUAH

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am honored to hear your words. Thank you friend!

Copyright 2011
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity