Thursday, November 18, 2010

Putting the FUN in Fundraiser

My dear female soul-mate Amy was participating in a bake sale fundraiser. The details could end there-I'm in! More....it is for a little girl with leukemia. She is 1 year-old and in the hospital here at UNM. She will have chemotherapy for a minimum of 3 years, if she survives. She just had a stroke. This fundraiser will help to ease some of her mother's financial worry in such a devastating time. The father decided he can't handle it and needs more, so he is leaving. My creations are such a small part to such a big story. I hope I am able to help.

I used my Cricut Cake to cut brown frosting sheets from the 'Speaking of Fall' cartridge.





I bought pre-made cupcakes @ our Kroger store for $3.99 a dozen. They can do the hard part, I'll take the FUN! ;)




This pre-made frosting also created ease. LOVE you Pillsbury!















Add in the leaves and some shimmery-chunky-gold Wilton sprinkles and......



















The result: Beautiful Autumn cupcakes for a sweet little girl.





I also created some of my infamous 'candied popcorn' in autumn colors. While that was all being done I additionally threw in a loaf of bread to bake!
Everything turned out great and I am honored to have the opportunity to help in my own creative way!
I know you'll have her family in her prayers and I thank you for that in advance. You are all amazing women and I know this story will touch your heart. Have a WONDERFUL day! ~B.
*If YOU would like to help, please let me know! We are collecting scrapbook supplies to give and use for cards in the hopes of additionally relieving some financial burden and brightening this dark place! ANY generosity is greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing my friend!!! Thank you so much for being so generous and willing to help this sweet baby. You have such an amazing heart and I'm so glad we're friends.
    Smooches,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

I am honored to hear your words. Thank you friend!

Copyright 2011
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity