Thursday, April 25, 2019

A Paper Pumpkin Thing-Sentimental Rose Blog Hop



This month's Paper Pumpkin kit was DEFINITELY  the best yet! Don't ya think?!
They really outdid themselves with use of their patented distINKtive stamps! They give us depth in a one step process. And because this kit was so well done, I knew alternatives might be difficult. I chose to only open the kit to the extent of seeing the stamp set and embellishments. I think they turned out ok, but I’ll let you be the judge! Be sure to let me know what you think in the comments!


I knew I wanted a card and a home decor project. I thought I’d coordinate the two for my mom for that May holiday coming up. Good thing she doesn’t follow my blog, huh? Lol. I had just gotten my preorder of my new Stampin Up supplies, so I thought I’d debut a brand new color for the 2019-2021 collection of in-colors! It’s: Teracotta Tile. It pairs beautifully with the Mint Macaron and So Saffron they had in the kit. I rain it through with the country floral embossing folder and put a touch of that dictionary paper across the bottom with the smidge of gold foil across the middle, all popped up with dimensionals. The stitched label dies looked perfect for a touch of vellum. I stamped the focal flower image three different times on So Saffron cardstock and then fussy cut them into layers and stacked them together. I used the corrugated element from the kit and inked it ALL with the gray granite included. That’s what I stamped the sentiment in too! I punched a few leaves from that print and topped them up the right side. A bit of the included white twine and a shirt cut of mint Macaron twine around the frame completed it all, plus a few of the MM enamel dots and a gold embellishment center. 

Kinda fabulous, isn’t it?! I’m really happy with how it turned out. Here’s the coordinating card:


I created a full sized card with a Teracotta Tile base. This time I embossed a piece of Mint Macaron cardstock with the same folder. I stamped directly on the printed piece with my So Saffron ink and punches the leaves from vellum. I used some upcoming dies to cut that cute banner from and added the sentiment on top. Once again I fussy cut the flower focal point, using the Teracotta Tile ink and popped up.  Those were layered over a piece of the corrugated  band a spare label. All wrapped up in the white twine. I ran it tightly through my fingernails to curl it. It adds such a fun touch. 

This is the kit, as designed to create by Stampin Up! Can you believe it's only $22?!?!


A PEEK AT MAY’S PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
May’s Paper Pumpkin kit is going to be beautiful! It was designed with the help of Shelli Gardner, Stampin’ Up!’s board chair and cofounder. Shelli worked closely with designers and concept artists to create a Paper Pumpkin kit that is uniquely hers. It includes an exclusive photopolymer stamp set, paper, and crafting materials to create 12 mailable cards (3 cards of 4 unique designs), 12 exclusive, coordinating envelopes, and a Classic Stampin’ Spot. Coordinating colors: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Petal Pink, Pool Party, Pretty Peacock (a new 2019-21 In Color), Soft Suede, and Very Vanilla.


That's what I have for you! If you're just joining us, you'll find the hop list below with all of the participants. I'd be delighted if you'd add me to your follow list. I'll be back with you tomorrow with some BLOG CANDY! 






3 comments:

I am honored to hear your words. Thank you friend!

Copyright 2011
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity